Do you find that you’re not as consistent in your walk with God as you’d like?
Do you want godly accountability and fellowship but don’t seem to know anyone around with a similar desire?
Do you want encouragement in knowing God in a deeper way?
Do you want to study the Bible and pray with other people who are serious about God?
Do you have questions about the Bible that you can’t seem to get answers to?
Do you need support and encouragement as you struggle in your daily walk?
You’re not alone. Other people face the same struggles in their walk with God. There is strength in fellowship and supporting one another as the body of Jesus Christ. Sometimes a time of fellowship in Him and the Word with other believers can refresh us spiritually and motivate us to deeper personal times with Him.
We’ve seen this in our lives, and that’s part of the purpose for this website. God has been working this idea in us throughout past several months. We would like to connect believers and facilitate mutual community sharing and growth.
A few tools we’ll be using in pursuit of this are the following:
- Resting Life Monthly. A monthly newsletter filled with encouragement from Scripture, writing project news, life news, prayer requests, and answers to pressing life questions. Subscribe at the bottom of the page or on the home page at restinglife.com.
- Live Events, where you can join in by audio or just watch our live video as we discuss God’s truth, immerse ourselves in the scriptures, encourage each other, and pray
- Short Videos
- Writing: may include books, articles, and blog posts
- Resting Life Today. A Scripture verse for meditation each day.
The purpose of all of these is the edification of each other (1 Cor. 8:1, 2 Cor. 12:19, Eph. 4:11-12, 29, 1 Th. 5:11, 1 Tim. 1:14). It is to “not forsake the assembling of yourselves together…but exhorting one another, and so much the more, as you see the day approaching” (Hebrews 10:25). Through these tools, we’ll be:
- Discussing the Word and what God has shown us
- Discussing questions about God, the kingdom of God, Scripture, or anything else/answering questions on anything in life from a biblical perspective
- Reading Scripture together
- Praying together
- Supporting through fervent prayer any one of us who may have a particular need at that time
The idea is that the Holy Spirit leads each event so that His words will be spoken and not our own – for the purpose of glorifying God, advancing His kingdom, and drawing each of us nearer to Himself.
Our desire is that Resting Life be a participatory community where YOU dialogue with us and with other believers. We want to learn from you, and we want to be there for you when you need support, a verse, encouragement in a tough time, prayer, comfort, or anything else you may need. We welcome your participation through asking questions, sharing something God has spoken to you, and praying.
This isn’t about any theological or denominational position; it’s about the Lord Jesus Christ and the Scriptures. It’s about God and what He says to us – seeking Him with all our hearts! So whatever your theologies or denominational positions (or lack thereof) might be, if you want to seek God and know Him, you’re welcome to join the discussion!
We ask you to please pray about whether this is something God wants you to be a part of either regularly or as you can.
God bless you! We look forward to hearing from you and are excited about what He is doing, has been doing, and will do! Keep seeking Him!
What would you like to see in an online assembly of believers? How can God’s kingdom be advanced in us today?